It's Fox News' annual "War on Christmas," and former "Growing Pains" star turned messenger of God Kirk Cameron is fighting the good fight with a terrible new movie.
"Saving Christmas" was released in theaters November 14, and so far it's doing one thing really well - failing.
The movie currently has a 0% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, and on IMDB's "Bottom 100" list, the film is number one - right next to "Birdemic: Shock and Terror."
According to description on its website, the movie is summarized as such:
"An engaging story that provides a biblical basis for our time-honored traditions and celebrations, and the inspiration to stand strongly against a culture that wants to trivialize and eliminate the faith elements of this holy season."
It is being called "The Room of Christmas movies". "Jezebel" says it is "another reason to kill Christmas." And the "Chicago Sun-Times" says "this may be one of the least artful holiday films ever made. Even devout born-again Christians will find this hard to stomach."
Despite the harsh reviews, Cameron attempted to save his own movie by begging people on Facebook to upvote the disaster on Rotten Tomatoes. he said it worked temporarily with the score rising to 94%, but soon the plan backfired and the rest of the Internet dragged it back down adding a whole new onslaught of hilariously bad reviews to rub it in.
Things you'll need:
1. Shots (whatever anyone prefers or spooky themed if you'd rather.)
2. Something to chug (beer or wine would work best unless you really feel like throwing up.)
How to play:
1. Write Laurie, Annie, Lynda, and Bob on strips of paper and put the names into a hat. Each of the 4 players draws a name. (hope you don't get Laurie).
2. When your character screams take a shot. (See why you don't want to be Laurie?)
3. When your character dies chug your drink.
4. Anytime someone says "boogyman" EVERYONE drinks half their drink.
Now have fun, and please... don't drive after this game, and stop if you think you're going to throw up on your friends new couch. Because that couch was expensive. It's a nice couch.