Beware of the Roomba.
A woman in South Korea recently found herself battling one of the vacuum robots after it tried to eat her hair instead of cleaning the room.
From the report:
On the day of the accident, she turned on her robot vacuum as usual, and laid down flat on the floor to rest, leaving the robot to do its job. The robot vacuum came around her relaxing on the floor, and suddenly sucked her hair into its nozzle. The vacuum stopped running one to two minutes after the sudden hair intake.
It’s unclear why she would lay down on the floor next to the thing in the first place and not expect to have this happen.
She suffered only minor injuries and the emergency responders said the vacuum sensed her hair and thought it was dust.
Regardless, this doesn’t bode well for Japan’s new all-robot hotel.