Blooper of the Day: BBC Reporter Accidentally Gets High on Camera

Favorite
- -

BBC's Middle East correspondent Quentin Sommerville got a little loopy when reporting a bit too close to a pile of burning opium, her0in and hash in Afghanistan 4 years ago.

And now the news blooper has been posted online as a Christmas gift to his viewers.

"Dear tweeps, it's been a year of bullets & bloodshed. You've earned a xmas laugh, at my expense," he wrote on Twitter, with a link to the video entitled "Don't inhale."

Both the original Tweet and the video have since been removed, but numerous copies were already uploaded.

According to a BBC spokesman, "The video of Quentin corpsing, which has now been deleted, was posted in the spirit of a blooper. It was filmed four years ago – it hasn't been seen before and was never broadcast."

Sommerville continued to joke about the incident on Twitter.

Mother of the Day: Brothers Get Surprise Call on CSPAN

Favorite
- -

Brad and Dallas Woodhouse are brothers, but one is liberal and one is conservative.

This makes for some great TV (at least in terms of CSPAN programming). But what makes this clip even better is that their mother calls in to yell at them for fighting.

“Oh god, it’s mom,” said Dallas as the realization set in.

In the unplanned call, Joy begged her sons for some brotherly bipartisanship.

“I’m hoping you’ll have some of this out of your system when you come here for Christmas. I would really like a peaceful Christmas,” she said.

News Fail of the Day: Fire Stunt Goes Terribly Wrong for Brazilian Performer

Favorite
- -

Luis Ricardo played with fire, and as the saying goes, he got burned.

Ricardo was performing a fire breathing stunt on Brazilian TV Tuesday when his clothes accidentally lit up.

The video shows him running off stage in panic as the rest of the people on stage run around trying to put out the flames. The audience continues to clap, presumably unaware if this was intentional, and siren sound effects are heard in the background.

According to the report, Ricardo is ok and was treated for minor burns at a hospital in San Paolo.

Ironically, he warned the audience beforehand, not to try this at home.

Download the new Cheezburger app for a chance to win a PS4! in Cheezburger 's Hangs on LockerDome