An iPhone Saved a Man's Life in the UK

Favorite
epic-win-pic-news-iphone-shotgun-saved
- -

A Cheshire man was able to survive a close-range shotgun glass because of his pocketed iPhone, which absorbed most of the damage:

Fortunately, the victim’s mobile phone took the brunt of the shot and, as a result of this, he survived. This is remarkable – had that phone not been in his pocket at that time he would undoubtedly have died.

This Dude Knows He Will Never Get a Lucky Paper Airplane Toss Like This Again

Favorite
- -

And Somehow There Was Still a Crying Baby on the Plane Somewhere...

Favorite
epic-win-pics-empty-plane
- -

The Luckiest Set of Pool Shots, All in a Row

Favorite
- -

This Australian Lottery Winner Was the Luckiest Man in the World Twice Over

Favorite
- -

This Lucky Woman Eats a Raw Oyster for the First Time and Finds a Prize

Favorite
- -

Luck of the Day: Rugby Player Sniffs Gas Leak After Kick in Head Restores Sense of Smell

Favorite
smell,sports,rugby,injuries,lucky
- -

As a rugby player, Edward Baker was used to getting pummeled to the ground and knocked around in every which way imaginable.

He broke his nose over and over again and eventually lost his ability to pick up a scent.

But then this happened.

During a recent match, he got kicked in the face, and the accident allowed him to smell again for the first time in 20 years.

"I had an operation last year where they drilled into my nose to make me breathe better through it, but it didn't work." he said. "So where the surgeons failed this bloke's size 12 boot worked."

And just in time too.

Baker recognized the smell of gas near a school a few days later, and reported the leak to authorities, preventing a potential disaster.

Dean Martin said it best: