• A crisp cookie coated in caramel, sprinkled with toasted coconut and striped with a dark chocolate coating.
• Paired best with a red dessert wine such as a Port, or an 8.5 percent ABV heavy ale, like a Founders Dirty Bastard.
• A crispy wafer covered in peppermint oil infused chocolate.
• Paired best with a Syrah (red) or a 9.5 percent ABV imperial stout, like a Great Divide Yeti.
• A crispy cookie layered with peanut butter and covered in chocolate.
• Paired best with a fruity red wine such as a Zinfandel, or some sort of Belgian ale, like a Duvel Belgian Golden Ale.
Looking to drum up some new business, 13-year-old Girl Scout Danielle Lei and her mom set out for a San Francisco medical marijuana clinic on Monday, armed with boxes of Tagalongs, Dulce de Leches and other cookie varieties she and other scouts sell annually.
Any patients at The Green Cross with the munchies didn't stand a chance. In two hours on President's Day, Danielle sold 117 boxes outside the clinic — people gobbled up all her Dulce de Leches and blazed through the Tagalongs. According to her mother, Carol, that's 37 more boxes than what she sold during the same two-hour period outside a small Safeway the next day.