So this morning I was awoken by the sounds of construction outside. I then found we had no water in the house. Putting two and two together I determined that the DPW was digging up our connection to the main; apparently to replace our shut off valve, based on visual evidence. We didn't have water all day and they didn't finish the job before quitting time. So they rigged up a work around that I find very amusing. They shut off our mains connection in our basement and then connected our external spigot to our neighbor's spigot. They're back-feeding our system from the neighbor's system. They should be back tomorrow to finish.