The Gilliam family ordered cranberry juice for their toddler Gabriela, but when she took a sip they immediately noticed something was wrong. Taking a drink from her child's cup themselves, they discovered it was actually sangria (the preferred drink of college lit majors looking to forget that they need to read Joyce for Wednesday's class).
After several trips to local doctors and monitoring Gabriela's sleep patterns she's totally fine, but not after a tiny toddler bender ("She was kissing everything").
Hopefully she won't experience that kind of feeling again until college. Or at least late high school, who are we kidding.
Humberto Moura Fonseca, age 23, drank 25 shots of vodka in less than a minute. He and his friends, other students at the University of Julio de Mesquita, were involved in a drinking competition during the time of this tragic event. Soon after he finished the shots, he complained of feeling ill and collapsed to the floor.
A medical crew was fast on the scene and rushed Fonseca and others to the hospital. Unfortunately, he passed away during transport and doctors later confirmed the cause was alcohol posioning.
The quote is from Russian poet Vladimir Maiakovski and was posted on Fonseca's facebook page.
Police are investigating the situation and may charge those who organized the contest, thought to be other students at the university, with homicide.
Palcohol allows you to take your favorite drink and sprinkle it on whatever you like, for example rum powdered cookies. But, it's not all delicious ideas and treats as people, especially parents worried about kids getting ahold of the substance, are raising concern over the powdered adult beverage. Colorado has already banned sale of Palcohol. For the rest of the US, it should be available by summer time.